Chris Wickham – Head of Media and PR – email@example.com
Mark Chapman – Deputy Head of Media and Communications – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ciaran Brett – Media Assistant – email@example.com
Sean Ridley - Video Content Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Deacon - Media Intern - email@example.com
Contact telephone number during office hours: 0845 3456 442
- Brentford Football Club issues media releases on its website – www.brentfordfc.co.uk
- The Club sends major releases to journalists on its media list, if you would like to be added, contact Chris Wickham
Non match day interviews
- Any request to interview Head Coach Marinus Dijkhuizen, any of the players or any member of Brentford Football Club staff should be submitted to Chris Wickham.
- No member of the media should contact any Brentford Football Club employee without first contacting the Club’s media department.
- Members of the playing squad or management will not be available in the 24 hours prior to a match.
- Youth Team players will not normally speak to the media.
- Broadcast interviews (TV or radio) will normally take place at Brentford Football Club’s Training Ground in Osterley on a Thursday before a Saturday fixture but must be requested in advance.
Accreditation for fixtures at Griffin Park
- Requests for media accreditation to a Brentford home match should be submitted via Football DataCo’s i-PBS booking system at least 48 hours before a fixture.
- Accredited members of the media can also contact Chris Wickham to request access to Griffin Park for fixtures.
- Every member of the media attending a fixture at Griffin Park should have ID approved by Football DataCo and produce it on request.
- Admission to Griffin Park to cover a fixture is based on acceptance of the Ground Regulations and the Football League media access agreement – both are available on request.
- Brentford Football Club does not offer parking for the media.
- Street parking is available all around Griffin Park.
- Press passes will be available for collection from the Ticket Office on the Braemar Road side of Griffin Park.
- Members of the media should enter via the Main Gate.
- The Match Day Press Room is on the Braemar Road side of the ground and can be found in the Harry Curtis lounge in the Braemar Road Stand. A separate room is available for photographers to use after the match, located on the ground floor of the Braemar Road Stand.
- The Press Room will be open from 12.30pm on Saturday match days, with a 3pm kick off, and 6.15pm on Tuesday match days, with a 7.45pm kick off.
- Match Day Press Officer Dave Morley and his assistant Ian Townsend will be available to assist members of the media.
- The Press Room will be open until 6.15pm on Saturdays and 10.45pm on Tuesdays.
- The Press Box is situated in in the Braemar Road Stand and every member of the media will be given a ticket with a specific seat number. There are plenty of power points available for media use and the every seat has its own desk. The Press Box should be vacated by 6pm on Saturdays and 10.30pm on Tuesdays. Any members of the media that need access later should contact Chris Wickham.
- There are ten ISDN lines at Griffin Park, two of which are owned by Brentford Football Club. One ISDN point is made available to visiting clubs on a reciprocal basis for provision of match commentary via ‘Player’. If the visiting club do not require use of an ISDN line, media organisations will be able to hire it.
Team Sheets and Programmes
- A free match day programme will be available on arrival and team sheets will be brought to both the Press Box and Press Room as soon as they are available.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in both the Press Box and Press Room. Please approach Chris Wickham, Dave Morley or Ian Townsend for the access code.
- The Head Coach will be brought to the Press Room for a post-match press briefing with the written media after interviews with the broadcast media have taken place.
- Visiting clubs are requested to bring their manager in to the Press Room for a post-match press briefing to fit in around his other commitments with the broadcast media.
- The Club operates a Mixed Zone, which is at the back of the Player’s Tunnel – turn right out of the Press Room and head to the end of the concourse; a steward will direct you to the Mixed Zone. Players will meet members of the media in the Mixed Zone at their discretion and conduct interviews there.
- Any restrictions on certain players speaking to the media will be communicated to the press as soon as possible.
No members of the written press will be allowed pitch side or in the tunnel area, apart from the media team from visiting clubs.
- Broadcast journalists will be allowed to conduct interviews in a designated area close to the tunnel - members of the broadcast media that wish to conduct a post-match interview with the Head Coach or a Brentford player need to contact Peter Gilham or Chris Wickham.
- Members of the media should be aware that the Head Coach and Brentford players will complete post-match Club requirements before speaking to others.
- Are issued with a bib in the Media Room and these should be worn at all times.
- Will not be permitted pitch side without a bib.
- Photographers are allowed to position themselves behind either goal only and must not move while the game is in progress.
- The only photographer allowed elsewhere on the pitch is Brentford’s Official Club Photographer.
- Due to a shortage of space we cannot accommodate student journalists in the Brentford FC media facilities on match days.
- Due to the number of requests received, Brentford FC staff cannot assist with student surveys, films or work.